Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Portrait of a place learnings

From my portrait of a place assignment, I learned a lot from the shooting assignment. As Professor Raminist explained to us is it takes more than pan shots on every scene to tell a story, every shot needs to have a meaning. I wanted to share the peacefulness of the riverwalk. A place where you can go relax your mind and take a break from everything and just have a moment to yourself to gather your thoughts while nature relaxed you as you walk or sat in peace, but as I learned I didn’t do so as well by not letting the visual tell a story. Instead it look like I just went to the park and took a couple shots and called it a day. Being able to watch other visuals from my classmates and as Professor Raminist talked us through them step by step I saw how to better convey a portrait of both a place and a person. I learned from everyone, various ways and the art to tell a visual story with or without sound and the importance the relationship is between the Director and the Director of Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment